NBC Network has announced its television schedule, including games available on Versus, which will be re-branded as an NBC Sports channel.
The Rangers will appear in a total of 15 NBC/Versus games, though not all exclusive, meaning viewers in the New York market will be able to watch the games on MSG Network.
Both European games against the L.A. Kings and Anaheim Ducks will be aired on Versus. Each of the four games the Rangers play this season against the Washington Capitals will be aired on Versus or NBC. As a nice change of pace, the Rangers will be featured against teams not named Penguins, Flyers or Bruins as well, although both Boston and Pittsburgh are Versus games. The Blueshirts will square-off against the San Jose Sharks, Nashville Predators, Buffalo Sabres and Carolina Hurricanes.
As a whole, its the same old story on NBC this season, with plenty of games featuring the Rangers, Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, Penguins and Capitals.
The New York Islanders have one national game this season against Boston on Nov. 17.
- Rangers at L.A. Kings Oct. 7
- Rangers at Anaheim Ducks Oct. 8
- San Jose Sharks at Rangers Oct. 31
- Pittsburgh Penguins at Rangers Nov. 29
- Rangers at Washington Capitals Dec. 28
- Nashville Predators at Rangers Jan. 17
- Rangers at Buffalo Sabres Feb. 1
- Capitals at Rangers Feb. 12
- New Jersey Devils at Rangers Feb. 27
- Boston Bruins at Rangers March 4
- Carolina Hurricanes at Rangers March 13
- New Jersey Devils at Rangers March 19
- Detroit Red Wings at Rangers March 21
- Bruins at Rangers April 1
- Capitals at Rangers April 7